not-a-rogaine on 11th March 2023

Hi There Beautiful People :-)

Nick has asked me... Oh. I'm Aeglira.

 

Nick has told me that he is really really sad because the next Rogaine has been cancelled. What's a Rogaine I asked. Nick told me and I said... Why don't you offer all those lovely Rogainers an alternative! Nick looked confused.

You could cast your pwMapApp spell I explained. Slowly, while Nick caught up.

Oh yes, he said slowly. You mean, he mumbled... We could all use the pwMapApp smartPhone app (whatever) to manage a sort of not-a-Rogaine!

 

What would all those rogainers need to do? I asked. It's really important to keep Nick on focus. His mind wanders at a gallop. Oh, okay, he said: Everyone would need to install the app pwMapApp (they can find it in the main grimoires? I nudged.) Yes, it's on playStore and appStore.

Then what?

 

Start the app!

And...?

Oh... each user will have to register with an explorer name.

 

Then (or even sooner) they go to Kings Park.

Cast the spell... open the app.

Prepare to Explore...

Search for the map Kings Park Memorials ... and start!

Oh. Then search for memorials -- look for the two dozen listed in the app. They are all  in Kings Park.

 

Find a memorial. Select it from the list in the app. Claim it -- by location or by answering a question --and the Treasure is yours!

 

Is it really that easy? I ask. Nick looks a bit shifty. I hope so, he replies. The app is intended to be easy to use. I hope that lots of Rogainers will tell me what they think.

Will it work on the day? Which day. Saturday 11th March... the day of the cancelled (sob:-( Rogaine.

Or any other day, really.

The app works for me, says Nick... I'm sure... I think... perhaps rogainers could bring a pencil... just in case.

 

Is this a real Rogaine? I ask. Not at all, says Nick.

It's fun... an alternative... a chance to run round and get lost in Kings Park. Remember, he adds -- he's talking to all you clever Rogainers: Remember:

This is not an official event.

·        being safe is *your* responsibility

·        it's a public park -- but do not trespass

·        be polite to other park visitors

I'll be there from about 7am on the 11th, says Nick.

Where is "there? I ask.

Ivey Watson Playground at Kings Park, says Nick.

Look in Google Maps, he mumbles.

You will know me (I already know Nick, oh, he means you, Rogainers) you will know me by the white cloth hat and the white stick. A wizard's cap and wand? I ask? Not quite, Nick says (mysterious and confusing as always).

 

If there are people there -- rogainers, he means -- then I (he, Nick) will shout Go! at 9am.

Then I (Nick, that is) will go home at 3pm... when the cafe closes.

 

But wait... Is there a Map? I ask. Not exactly, he tells me. Kings Park provides a Self Guided Memorials Walk map, on paper and online. It's... I frown meaningfully at him... It's rather limited, Nick explains. Some of the Memorials are on Google Maps, he explains. Or just run round madly. Oh.

 

It's not a real Rogaine, is it, I say. No. Not at all.

But, says Nick... I do hope that it will be a lot of fun.

And better than sitting at home on the Saturday, watching re-runs of Gilligan's Island. No, I have no idea what he means. That island is not on *my* maps. But we really hope, Nick and I hope -- that the pwMapApp spell will give Rogainers an enjoyable Treasure Hunt in Kings Park.

 

Sent with lots of Love,

 

and I hope you will be there on the day :-)

Lots of Love from Aeglira,

... communications for Nick Lethbridge

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

readMe

Memorials Rhapsody